The Mission of the Democratic Reform Alliance is to:
- Impose greater democratic accountability on our politicians and political parties;
- Reduce the influence of money in electoral politics; and
- Restore meaningful political representation to the Australian people.
To deliver on its Mission the Democratic Reform Alliance will implement a series of well thought out strategies underpinned by a non-controversial policy Platform.
To deliver on the Mission the Democratic Reform Alliance will:
- promote the election of Democratic Reform Alliance candidates to the Commonwealth and state and territory parliaments;
- use any balance of power opportunity to negotiate the introduction of wide-ranging transparency, accountability, and anti-corruption legislation that enhances the accountability of politicians and political parties and improves the practice of democracy in Australia;
- extend the definition and practice of democracy in Australia by allowing party members to use the Internet to vote on internal party plebiscites, and once representation is gained, to vote with other association members to direct Parliamentary members how to vote on legislation before legislative bodies.
We seek your assistance and support in achieving our Mission.